Editor updates to PowerPC Microprocessor CHRP binding, Version 1.7.
- Page 13, line 37: Removed old Reference , Apple/MAC I/O Device
- Page 14, lines 2- 3: Added URL for Reference .
- Page 14, lines 5- 6: Added URL for Reference .
- Page 14, lines 8-10: Added new Reference .
- Page 14, lines 11-39: Added Version Numbers for References  thru
- Page 15, lines 1-14: Added Version Numbers for References  thru
- Page 16, line 10: Changed wording from 'Microsoft's' to 'Windows'.
- Page 26, lines 44-45: Added reference to sentence, ', section 3.6.1'.
- Page 26, lines 52-53 and Page 27, lines 1- 2: Added methods 'decode-
unit' and 'encode-unit'.
- Page 27, lines 15-17: Added new sentence defining 'set-args' arguments;
'The arguments used by 'set-args' are defined to be '0,0,unit-str,
unit-len' where 'unit-str' is a text string representation of the
physical address location for the FCode Image and 'unit-len' is the
length of the FCode Image'.
- Page 27, lines 37-42: Added a "reg" property for the ROM Child Node.
- Page 29, lines 25-27: Added a Reference  to point to Table 12 for
current RTAS Functions that are implemented.
- Page 31, Section 5.3.1: PCI Host Bridge Properties, removed 'reserved'
property from section.
- Page 37, lines 43-47: Added a EPOW-Events Node "power-on-triggers"
property. Added Reference  to point to Table 62b for property
- Page 38, lines 7-20: Added Section 5.9, 'reserved' Node.
- Page 38, lines 31-42: Added Section 5.10, '/chosen' Node.
- Page 39, line 43: Changed wording from 'CPU's' to 'slots'.
- Page 41, line 20: Added 'by Reference , Table 62' to sentence.
- Page 45, line 53: Changed wording from 'shall' to 'should'.
- Page 45, line 54: Changed wording from 'The platform shall be capable
of' to 'A CHRP platform with ISA slots should be capable of'.
- Page 46, line 2: Changed wording from 'is capable' to 'shall be capable'.
- Page 49, line 30: Changed wording from 'would override' to 'may update'.
- Page 49, line 30: Changed wording from 'a configuration support utility
is required to' to 'ISA Configuration Utility (ICU) support is optional
and should be present to'.
- Page 49, lines 6- 7: Changed wording from 'The platform Open Firmware
shall provide the ISA Configuration Utility(ICU) as defined in
section 9.1., if it has ISA slots' to 'firmware should provide an ISA
Configuraiton Utility (ICU) as defined in section 9.1.1, if the platform
supports ISA plug-in adapters.
- Page 49, line 13: Changed wording from 'shall provide an ICU program
which the vendor' to 'should provide an ICU program which 'legacy'
- Page 49, lines 15-17: Changed wording from 'shall' to 'should'.
- Page 49, line 18: Changed wording from 'the utility at system reboot
time to' to 'the ICU at system boot time in order to'.
- Page 49, line 22: Changed wording from 'shall' to 'should'.
- Page 56, lines 2- 5: Changed order of IN: parameters from '[string]
method, phandle' to 'phandle, [string] method. Changed OUT: parameter
from 'missing' to 'missing-flag?'. Changed definition sentence to
'missing-flag?' and included 'FALSE' and 'TRUE' to go with the '0' and
- Page 65, lines 25-45: Added Section 11.4.1, 'CHRP PE Program-image
- Page 69, lines 4, 31 & 37: Added 'suppress-banner' to include with the
'banner' command in the text.
- Page 69, lines 47-54: Changed the format for the sample sequence of
multi-initiator 'nvramrc' script. Changed the lead in statement
from 'nvramrc=' to 'This sequence of code should be inserted in the
'nvramrc' script:'. Reformatted 'pseudo' code sequence and used code
double quotes in the statements.
- Page 70, lines 1- 2: Added Note 1 about using 'suppress-banner' in
place of 'banner' commnad.